Saturday, February 16, 2008

Knitting Update

Well, it's been awhile without an update. Nothing major to report :o) I've had quite a few requests for some pictures of my finished knitting projects (ok, I really just want to show them off) so here are a few of them. Basketweave hat I made for myself in the color Antique Rose. I bought the yarn from Stonehedge Fiber Mill when we went on our color tour in October. We got to see them make spin their own yarn! It was neat :o)
Baby Girl sweater up close... I had to search all over for that cute button!


Baby Aubrey wearing the sweater for the first time (Mommy Miranda had to help her get dressed hehe)


----------------------------------------------


I would like to preface the next project with a little story: I found the pattern for this hat about August 1st just after Bec & Brian told us they were having a baby. I finished it last week b/c I'm a procrastinator. I couldn't wait any longer to give it to them (mostly Brian... he's the Star Wars freak).

Baby Yoda hat before felting.



Star Wars fan Chad had to try it on.



Baby Yoda hat after felting.


Brian's reaction when Aiden opened the present. (He loved it, by the way)



Aiden likes it, too.

I have a few more projects in the works, so those will be posted later. I'm taking a class taught by my friend, Lindsay, owner of the Yarn Garden. I'm learning how to make socks so I can continue my sock fetish. I also have a little present for my friend Kristen's twin girls. It's not done yet so I'm not showing the in progress pictures. I will show you a picture of the babies....

I'm holding baby McKenna (and Gus, the cat).


Here are both McKenna & Kallie... aren't they cute!

That's all for now. I'll try to do a better job of updating but I'm not promising anything :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An updated blog?? I think you're worse than me about keeping up ;)

You have to make Braden a hat next winter (but not a Yoda one...) Stripes?? And apparantly you'd better get working because you are a self-proclaimed procrastinator :)

Anonymous said...

Could you have found a more perfect present for Baby Goerge?!! It's AWESOME!!!! You betcha Brian must have loved that. And I'm guessing that little guy will get use out of it too. :)

Kerri said...

I love the basketweave hat you made for yourself! Ca-ute!