Monday, July 28, 2008

My name is Lindsay and I am a bookaholic.

Warning: This post is very English-major oriented.
(and shows my true nerdiness!)

I've read 12 books since the beginning of June. I can sit for hours and read. My most recent obsession is the Twilight Saga series by Stephenie Meyer. For those of you that have read the description: Yes, it's about vampires. And werewolves. Sort of. But this series has gained almost as much fame as Harry Potter. And I am obsessed. The fourth, and final, book comes out on Saturday and I will have it on Saturday. I can't stand the thought of hearing the ending before I read it for myself.

Anyway, this post really started b/c a 'friend' (thanks, Keri!) of mine sent me this link: It's Not Easy Being Green (she knows I'm a bookaholic). Two of the 15 books I've devoured this summer have been Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. I have Anne of the Island to read next week on vacation. The themes are timeless. Anne is timeless. I can relate to her at 24 while I'm sure 12 year olds think the same thing. She's witty, yet respectful. She's loyal, yet independent. I love the series. Chad, being the wonderful husband he is, has agreed to take a little trip to Prince Edward Island to see where Anne "lived." I think I have a problem.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Yay!! Are you going to Prince Edward Island soon so that you can partake in the 100 year anniversary festivities? You've totally got to get your picture taken wearing one of the Anne wigs. ;-)

Lindsay Potter said...

So, I'm pretty sure that I can join you in the nerd club, and possbibly be the President. I read the whole third book in the Twilight series last night. Yup, one night. Over 600 pages!!

Anonymous said...

Nerd!