One day, I was sitting outside (shocking, I know!) on our recently 'remodeled' deck when a hummingbird came zipping up to what we thought was some sort of wasp/hornet/flying stinging bug nest. Then, the hummingbird got on top of this nest. Then it hit me: hummingbird nest. Duh! Fast forward to tonight, I'm outside again with Lindsay H and Mama Hummingbird comes zipping around again. I finally climbed up to see what was in the nest...

Lack of flash made this blurry, but look at how cute and tiny those little eggs are!!
I'm hoping to get some pictures after these little cuties hatch. I promise that I didn't touch the nest or get close enough to leave my scent. No animals were injured in this picture session :o)

3 comments:
No way!!! How cool!!! I hope you can get some pix of the babies!!
Cool!
How'd you get up that high to see in the nest?
Wahoo... see, you have interesting things to post on your blog =)
Post a Comment