Sunday, September 19, 2010

Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday!

Still catching up (and doing a poor job at it!)...


We celebrated Meredith's first birthday on July 11th (a little early b/c Uncle Joey had to do his three week National Guard duty on her actual birthday) . Her theme: Very Hungry Caterpillar! It was so fun to plan and turned out great.

A sampling of the food
(apples, plums, pears, strawberries, oranges, cheese and pickles had these signs in them I made from the book)
Happy Birthday Banner made by Leesa at Life Like This
(Good thing I laminated it! It POURED for about 20 minutes right as everyone started eating. It would have been ruined!)
Cupcakes made by me :o)
Cupcake caterpillar and smash cake. All three were my first attempts at cake decorating. Didn't go too badly, I guess.
Meredith, Aubrey and Elleigh playing in Mere's new Cozy Coupe.
Mmmmm! Cake!
(This was pretty much Mere's first taste of sweets... we are mean parents!)
Delicious!
Our sweet little family
(Grandma RoRo made Mere's tutu; I made the onesie)

It was a very successful birthday party. Meredith was spoiled rotten and but very grateful for all of her gifts :o)

2 comments:

Christina said...

EVERYTHING turned out great!!! Just remember, you set the bar high for #2!!!

Keri said...

You should totally be a professional party planner!